Avocado Chocolate Mousse
This Chocolate Avocado Mousse dessert is rich and creamy, yet much healthier than your standard chocolate mousse. Avocados give it a thick creamy texture, and also make this dessert diary-free and much lower in saturated fat. You could garnish it with anything -fruit, grated chocolate, nuts or shredded coconut for example.
By Nadia Lim
- 2 ripe avocados – chopped
- 200 g of good quality dark eating chocolate (60-75% cocoa)
- 1/3 -1/2 cup of milk (cow’s, almond or coconut)
- 1-2 tablespoons of liquid honey or pure maple syrup (optional)
- Fresh berries or any other fruit to garnish
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in a glass bowl set above a pot of simmering water (make sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl or it will risk the chocolate burning or becoming grainy).
- Place avocado and melted chocolate in a food processor and blend together until smooth, whilst pouring in the milk. Keep blending until the mousse is very smooth and creamy.
- Taste, and if you would like it a little sweeter, you can add a bit of honey or maple syrup, however I think it is sweet enough as is!
- Spoon into serving glasses and chill in fridge briefly for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh berries and extra chocolate if desired.