Creamy Fettuccine Avocado Pasta
Here’s a quick and easy pasta dish for anyone to whip up at home, with a delightful taste that on par with your favourite restaurants! With a rich, creamy avocado sauce and a strong garlic base.
Better yet, it takes only 15-20 minutes from prep to table – are you ready to try?!
200-250gms Fettuccine pasta
1 Pot water (approx 2L) with 1 teaspoon salt to boil pasta
1-2 garlic cloves – the bigger the better!
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice – add until the taste is right
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 New Zealand Hass avocado
1 tablespoon water
Pinch of sea salt & Ground black pepper for taste
Garnish options – black olives, pepper, chilli & basil leaves
1. Firstly, bring the pot of water to boil & add the pasta – it should boil for 5 minutes, but check your pack for advice
2. Check the pasta is cooked through to your liking and drain, then replace back to the pot.
3. Prepare the sauce whilst the pasta is cooking. Using a food processor for the best smooth and consistent texture, add the garlic and basil blending to a fine mince.
4. Add the lemon juice, oil, avocado and finally 1 tbls water and process until smooth. It should blend to a nice consistency or you can add oil if it is too thick. Season the dish with a light pinch of salt & pepper for taste.
5. Now add the sauce back to the pasta and stir in the pot.
Tip: If the dish has cooled, add a little heat to the pot as you stir in.
6. Garnish with pepper, olives, chilli and fresh basil leaves.