Curry Puffs with avocado
I love savoury snacks, and the curry puff is my go-to that I always have whenever I visit Singapore. The avocado will give you a creaminess to go with the dry filling and creates a great harmony in your mouth! You can have it as it is, or dip the puff into sweet chilli sauce.
- 250 g lamb / beef mince
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 5 g ginger, grated
- 1/4 small brown onion (30 g)
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 sheets of ready made puff pastry
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed and sliced
- 5 g Fresh coriander
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius, fan bake.
- For filling: Heat up a pan to medium high heat and add oil. Saute garlic, ginger and onion for 1-2 minute or until onions are softened.
- Add lamb / beef mince and all the spices and seasonings.
- Stir well and cook for 5-7 minutes or until mince is fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Use a small bowl and cut the pastry into 12 cm diameter circle.
- On a pastry, put a tablespoonful of the mince and place a slice of avocado on top.
- Brush the edge with water, press the edges to seal and crimp.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Place in oven for 20 mins until golden.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce