This recipe is perfect for a quick, healthy lunch, full of fibre and healthy fats. It’s perfect to take to work in a lunchbox – so you can avoid the unhealthy bought lunch trap!
Avocado and Crunchy Bok Choy Slaw Brown Rice Salad
- 2 baby bok choy
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 carrot,peeled, shredded, julienned or coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 red capsicum, de-seeded, thinly sliced or diced
- 1/2 firm-ripe avocado, peeled, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- Trim the bottom 1-2cm off the stalk of the baby bok choy and discard.
- Wash the bok choy well, then finely slice the remaining stem and leaves.
- Toss with remaining salad ingredients.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- Toss salad with dressing just before serving.