Avocado Sushi Roll
Konichiwa! A favourite Asian cuisine no doubt. Wrapped sushi with sliced avocado is always a must to order when you are indulging in Japanese cuisine.
- Japanese rice (Approximately 180ml)
- Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
- 1 New Zealand Avocado
- Seaweed paper
- Carrot – boiled and cut into strips
- Japanese cucumber – cut into strips
- Crab stick
- Prepare the cooked Japanese rice and season with vinegar, salt and sugar. Mix it together and set on the side.
- Cut a ripe New Zealand avocado into half. Carefully strike the pit with the blade of a knife, twist the knife to remove the pit. Cut the avocado into half, peel and slice as you wish.
- Place the seaweed paper on a bamboo mat, then scoop up sushi rice gently and form the rice loosely at one edge of the seaweed and begin spreading it across to the other side.
- Add carrot, Japanese cucumber and crab stick as you wish on one edge
- Roll the bamboo mat up and away from you, curling the seaweed and rice around the filling; use your fingers to hold the filling in place as you roll. Once the roll is sealed, gently squeeze, press gently on the top and sides to compress the roll slightly and form a rough square shape. Press on each end of the roll to make a neat surface.
- Place the layers of sliced avocado on top of the seaweed sushi roll, then cut the sushi ready to serve.