Crab & Avocado Tower with Caviar
Having a fancy meal while keeping your healthy lifestyle on track doesn’t have to be so complicated. Today we are looking at beautifully presented dish that will leave you with high nutrients including crab meat, caviar and New Zealand avocado. Your meal will be packed with omega-3 and protein from crab meat and good fat and anti-oxidants from avocado. The exciting part? It’s the caviar’s sweet and salty taste popping in your mouth making this dish a special one for any occasion.
- 2 New Zealand avocados extra ripe (but not mushy)
- Lime juice – 1 lime
- Lime zest – 1 lime
- Pinch of Salt & Punch of Black pepper
- Crab meat – 200g.
- Finely minced shallot – 1/2 tsp.
- Caviar – 30 g.
- Cilantro leaves, optional
- 1 – Ring mold (or an emptied and cleaned small tuna or chicken can with the top and bottom removed)
- Combine crab meat, shallots, half of the lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl
- Remove the avocado seed, and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Add lime zest and juice. Mash the avocado with a fork. Add the other half of the lemon juice to the smashed avocado, Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve the towers, Place your mold on a plate with enough flat surface area for four molds. Build your first tower beginning with a layer of avocado. Press it gently into the mold without squashing it down. Next, add a layer of crab by sprinkling it then gently pressing it into the avocado. Then, add another thick layer of avocado, pressing down lightly. Add the final layer on top of caviar.
- Holding the can on the plate, tap it gently a few times with a spoon to pack the layers more firmly together. Shake the mold over the plate to slowly let the tower out.