Thai Beef Salad with avocado
My Thai Beef Salad is one of my favourite salads to have for lunch or dinner and adding avocado will give a beautiful creaminess to the salad. You don’t have to marinate the beef overnight but the longer you marinate, the better the flavour is! If you can’t find green papaya, you can substitute with green beans or mango.
- 300g beef sirloin steak (3cm thickness)
- 2 small cloves (3g) garlic, grated
- 1 Tbsp abc sweet soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 pinch white pepper
- 1/4 lettuce
- 1/2 green papaya, shredded
- 1/2 medium carrot, shredded
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 avocado, cut in chunks
- Coriander leaves
- Mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Roasted peanuts, crushed
- Deep Fried shallots
- Chopped chilli
For dressing :
- Put all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add beef and marinate overnight.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place a frying pan on medium high heat and cook the beef for 3 minutes on each side. Rest it for 6 minutes on a plate.
- Once rested, slice the beef thinly.
- To assemble the salad, mix the lettuce, green papaya, carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, mint leaves, coriander and beef in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss together.
- Serve the salad in bowls and garnish with roasted peanuts, deep fried shallots and chilli. Don’t forget to drizzle the dressing from the bowl, and enjoy!