The tower challenge is on !
Following up our recent Crab & Avocado Tower with Caviar by Chef Noon, it has inspired our acclaimed celebrity chef and NZ Avocado ambassador Chef Ian Kittichai to try his own version creating this delectable and beautifully presented ‘Avocado and Yellow fin tuna salad’.
Avocado and Yellow fin tuna salad
By Chef Ian Kittichai
- 50 g NZ avocado
- 10 g shallot, finely chopped
- 50 g yellow fin tuna, small diced
- 3 g coriander leaves, rough chopped
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 hard boiled egg, separated between grated white and grated yolk
- 10 g caviar optional
- Sea salt, black pepper to taste
- Using medium mixing bowl and place tuna, avocado, shallot, chopped coriander, lemon zest, lemon juice, combine all ingredients together and seasoning with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Using round mould 1.5″ height and 2″ width, press until firm and then using 1 hard boiled grated yolk
- Press down over avocado and tuna, press firmly and repeating the same with hard boiled egg white and press firmly and last topped with caviar and garnish with micro greens and using dinner spoon and spread avocado sauce on the plate and serve
- 1 NZ (150g) avocado
- 150 g plain yogurt
- 40 g lime juice
- 30 g cold water
- 30 g sea salt
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, can keep in refrigerator up to 5 days.