Honey Soy Salmon, Avocado and Quinoa Salad
This fresh quinoa salad brings a new excitement to the dinner table, with rich honey soy salmon that pairs so well with creamy avocado and pops of mandarin; we can’t get enough!
- 2 x 250g salmon fillets, boned and skinned
- ½ cup + ¼ cup Kikkoman Honey Soy Marinade
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup torn baby spinach
- ½ avocado, peeled and spiralled* (we love New Zealand Avocado)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved (we love Ruby’s)
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 mandarin, peeled and cut into half segments
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (we love Alison’s Pantry)
In a bowl, dress the salmon with ½ cup honey soy marinade and cover. Leave to marinade for 1-2 hours.
In a non-stick pan, pan fry the salmon fillets for 2-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your preference. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, spinach, tomatoes, spring onion and mandarin segments. Season to taste.
Flake in the salmon in chunks, the dress with then remaining sauce. Serve warm or cold alongside the spiralled avocado garnished with sesame seeds.
*to spiral the avocado, thinly slice lengthways and elongate into a long strip. Starting at one end, twirl the avocado to create a spiral shape.
Follow us on Facebook and Youtube